Home Recovery for COVID-19
The Home Recovery Programme is the default model of care for Fully Vaccinated individuals who are infected with Covid-19 by the Ministry of Health (MOH), which allows for Covid-19 patients to recover at home with an appointed Telemedicine Provider and support from their Home Recovery Buddy.
Download our Teleconsultation App, Minmed Connect to start your Home Recovery journey with us.
Stay Home. Stay Well. Stay Safe.
What to Expect
Your Experience with Minmed
- Do not leave your room and maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
- Arrange for contactless transactions and ensure items are bagged securely to reduce exposure to others.
- Call 995 if it is a medical emergency.
- Do not receive any visitors to your house.
- Contact Minmed Helpdesk at Telegram @MinmedHomeRecovery
- For more MOH FAQs on Home Recovery
- For more MOH Home Recovery Programme for Patients
Teleconsult a Doctor in 6 steps
Download Minmed Connect App
Teleconsult our Doctor for assessment or if you are unwell.
Fees will be waived if you are enrolled under the Home Recovery Programme.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am COVID-19 Positive and i am not assigned any Telemedical Provider, who can i contact for medical care?
You may teleconsult our doctors on Minmed Connect (Available on Appstore / Google Play) if you require any medical attention, available 24/7.
Home Recovery is a means for eligible, fully vaccinated COVID-19 patients to recuperate in
the comfort of their homes.
You are eligible if you are:
– Fully Vaccinated
– Aged 12 – 69 years old
– Have mild or no symptoms
– Have no severe illness or co-morbidities
– No household member over 80 years old or deemed vulnerable e.g. pregnant, weak immune response
– Able to self-isolate in a room, preferably with an attached bathroom
The Home Recovery will end on Day 10 of illness without any further tests. You may opt for a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) swab on Day 6 of illness and be discharged if the test is negative or the viral load is low.
You will not be allowed to leave your designated area of isolation during your Home Recovery period.
Contactless transactions should be performed and items are to be bagged securely to reduce exposure to others. Food/groceries needs to be delivered for the household. Do maintain a high level of personal hygiene through washing your hands regularly with soap and practice good bathroom etiquette.
If you feel unwell or experience worsening of any of the symptoms below, contact a telemedicine provider or healthcare provider:
– Acute Respiratory Infection symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache etc)
– Muscle ache
If you are experiencing any of the below symptoms, please call 995 immediately:
– Shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
– Chest pains or pressure on your chest
– Palpitations (fast beating or pounding of your heart)
MOH monitoring team will call or verify your location during isloation period. Please strictly adhere to the isolation order for the safety of your family and the community.
A dedicated telemedical provider will be assigned to you. Teleconsultations are available 24/7.
You are required to monitor your health at home, you need to submit daily report of health readings (temperature, pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation levels) at least once a day.
You may reach out to us on Telegram (@MinmedHomeRecovery) for any issues with regards to Home Recovery.
You may not have any symptoms or have mild symptoms when suffering from COVID-19, however the symptoms and condition may worsen. It is important that you understand your symptoms and take note of any warning signs so you can seek help when needed.
– Keep record of your health conditions and any medication you have taken. This helps medical professionals understand your conditions better, if necessary.
– Measure your temperature, pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation at least once a day
– Start monitoring your health condition if you have a working thermometer and oximeter at home. If you do not have these, MOH will deliver it to you.
Your Home Recovery Buddy is the single point of contact. If you need help, please call 6874 4939. Your designated Home Recovery Buddy may check in with you periodically and answer any of your queries during Home Recovery.
You will receive a care pack if you do not have an oximeter at home. The key item is the oximeter to onitor the oxygen saturation level. Call your Home Recovery Buddy at 6874 4939 for assistance.
I am running out of ART kits for the househould under Home Recovery, who can i contact to get more ART kits?
There is no need to take ART tests if you are on Home Recovery.
If you are on Home Recovery and have received an Isolation Order, no discharge memo is required. You will be discharged from Day 10 of illness if you are feeling well and there is no need for further PCR tests because vaccinated individuals are unlikely to be infectious by this time.
Yes, it is a good infection control practise to disinfect your designated area of isolation after Home Recovery, especially shared facilities such as toilets.
For more information about Home Recovery, you can visit MOH website here.
If you are tested positive for COVID-19 and are enrolled under the Home Recovery Programme, your fees will be waived.