What is “Teleconsult Doctor”?
“Teleconsult Doctor” is an online doctor consultation service. It involves the use of our proprietary videocall platform, “Minmed Connect”, where the patient can consult a doctor about their health issues. This telemedicine service enables you to see a doctor remotely, with medications delivered within the same day. MCs, referral letters and invoices are delivered electronically too. It is limited to the management of non-emergency medical issues only.
The scope of services includes:
- General medical consultation
- Chronic medication replenishment
- Laboratory and health screening results review
- Travel medication advice
- Specialist referrals
Explore the Benefits of Teleconsultation
“Teleconsult Doctor” enables easy and convenient access to health services as you can skip the queue and see a doctor in the comfort of your home. Avoiding contact with and potential transmission of contagious illnesses like the flu, “Teleconsult Doctor” is a safe and effective avenue for patients to obtain medical advice and treatment for suitable conditions. Same-day delivery of medications, and electronic MCs, specialist referral letters and receipts of payment help reduce the hassle of travel and manual filing of such documents.
What conditions are suitable for Teleconsultation?
The list of conditions suitable for Teleconsult Doctor (non-exhaustive) are:
- Sore throat, cough, runny nose, flu, fever
- Headache and migraine
- Stomachache, diarrhoea, vomiting or constipation
- Skin rash, eczema, cold sores
- Urinary tract infections
- Menstrual issues
- Gastric pain
- Conjunctivitis with no visual disturbances
- Muscle ache, heel pain
- Existing chronic conditions (high blood pressure, diabetes sugar control, high cholesterol management)
- Family planning contraception
What conditions are not suitable for Teleconsult?
“Teleconsult Doctor” is designed to manage non-emergency medical issues. The list of conditions NOT suitable for Teleconsult Doctor (non-exhaustive) are:
- Emergency conditions such as chest pain, deep/bleeding wounds, severe shortness of breath, seizures, severe pain, sudden onset weakness, numbness or slurred speech, suspected fractures
- Non-minor conditions
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Abdominal pain with fever
- Fever longer than 3 days duration
- Any injuries
- First diagnosis of chronic disease such as high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, or chronic illnesses with poor control
- Repeated consultations for the same condition without improvement
You are advised to approach the nearest clinic or A&E for urgent medical concerns.
What do you need to prepare before the Teleconsult?
To derive the best outcome, we would suggest having the following equipment to obtain some vital statistics prior to the consultation:
- Thermometer – record your current temperature
- Blood pressure machine – record your blood pressure
- Weighing scale – record your body weight
- Torchlight – to better illuminate the throat or other areas of concern
- Glucometer – record your random blood glucose level (for diabetics)
Where possible, photographs of conditions such as skin rash, infection or open wounds should be uploaded before consultation. Likewise, laboratory results, health screening reports and recent medical reports should be uploaded using the “upload image” button.
Of course, having a stable adequate internet connection, and good video and audio feed, is essential for successful teleconsultation.
What happens after Teleconsult?
Your consultation ends when the doctor has explained the provisional diagnosis as well as the treatment plan.
Further to the end of Teleconsultation, the doctor will need time to complete the prescription, as well as prepare any other documentation. The support staff will follow up thereafter to review and prepare the medicines, invoices, MCs and/or referrals. When this is complete, you will receive an in-app notification that your consultation summary is ready for your review.
You will be presented with the diagnosis, the prescription as well as the payment invoice. You will be required to pay the invoiced amount via credit card or paypal and select the mode of delivery (delivery to your home, or self pick-up at the nearest Minmed clinic). The courier will deliver your medicine upon completion of payment.
You can now Teleconsult via our Minmed Connect App! Download the app and find out more about our Teleconsult service.
Dr Lisa Chen
M.B.B.S. (Singapore) Grad. | Dip. Occupational Medicine
Dr Lisa Chen is a deeply passionate family physician and designated workplace doctor with an endearing commitment to the successful attainment of health and wellness at individual, workplace and community levels. Having worked widely with family practice clinics and major medical disciplines, she is thoroughly committed to the promotion and sustenance of health and quality of life for everyone.